Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Single & Fabulous!

Finally, a quiet night with nothing but my ideas. I missed the sound of silence, the calm of my room. It's been a hectic month and it's not about to slow down. My birthday is now only 2 days away. I'm turning 23. How dreadful right? Somehow I don't feel as mortified as I thought I would be. For me, 23 always meant the beginning of the end but things seem to be turning round. It's almost palpable & I cannot WAIT  for that moment. That single instant where I will know, that it is FINALLY happening, what I've ALWAYS  been waiting for.
I'm feeling very independent. Being a single 20 something year old girl can be tough but it is also very empowering to accomplish things on your own. I don't need a man ;)
I'm having the best time of my life, traveling, networking & finding ways to realize my dreams. A boyfriend would only slow me down
 
[Says the girl as she sighs & looks into the distance, she feels lonely]

I am celebrating my birthday this friday at Ros&lina with tons of my "closest" friends & then I will continue celebrating the day Camelia popped into this world and out of... (yes I have to at least be a LITTLE CRUDE) bar hopping on St-Laurent where a lot more of all my "closest" acquaintances will show up and buy me drinks/Champagne highly suggested! June 12 1986 will be acknowledged twice, this time, in New York City on June 18th in a huge club where my friend Eddie will be working. I can't wait to see the turn out!

 Next stop, 
                   City of Angels. I have been dying to meet you for years. The time has come for our paths to cross. This is going to change me, I know it. Stef & I have been dying to go together for 5 years now, the wait is over. 
   Road trip, 
                  Sin City. Just thinking of you turns my grin into a smile. I can't say much, other than WATCH OUT! I have a feeling something very close to "the hangover" will come out of it. I would not be surprised to be coming back with a green card if you know what I mean?

Life is good, life is good. It would be even greater if I could get 2 Blink 182 tickets for their show at the Molson Amphitheater on August 8th in Toronto (as a birthday present). Tickets go on sale today. I don't have a credit card so it's difficult for me to make the transaction. 
Here is hoping!

3 comments:

Nana said...

AWWW! Sounds like good times are ahead! June 12 is a big day for me too! My play 'based on true feelings' has its opening night at the Fringe Festival. I'm nervous/excited/wanting to get it over with! lol. I hope you have an amazing timmmmmeeee & good luck on that thing-thing we 'commented' on. lol. Happy bday in advance.
Oh, & a club reccomendation: Blue dog!

Camelia in the city said...

Thank you!! I would definitely love to go see your play.
How many times will it be performed???
Did you write it or are you playing in it (or both)?
Its AMAZING!
GOOD LUCK!!!

Nana said...

I'm playing in it. I'll send you the info through facebook, bella.