Monday, January 5, 2009

Right brained

Lately, I've been finding myself growing stronger and stronger each day. It feels pretty empowering Not "needing" someone anymore, being able to stand on your own two feet. Unfortunately, something HAD to happen to pull me back into a quicksand.

I got to thinking; could it be true? Does watching a lot of sitcoms such as: Dawson's creek, the Oc, One tree hill & Sex & the city
influence my life, my reactions to events, the way I think, what I want? Could it subconsciously make me recreate situations I saw on t.v shows even if they are not positive?
I have found myself on a roller coaster with steeper downfalls than highs.

feels a little something like this:

...I don't want this anymore

If I had a choice, I would just do my thing, travel everywhere & not think about what I feel or what could have happened. Sadly, it is not possible. I am left handed but the right part of my brain is incredibly more developed than my left side. I always seem to fall for those who think rationally & don't let their emotions get in the way. 
DAMN YOU LEFT SIDED MEN
Give me some of your logic and rationality! Yes, using the right side of your brain means you are more creative but it also makes one extremely emotional. I follow my gut, my heart & sometimes, it puts me in really dangerous situations. In a spot that I definitely don't want to be in. Except this time, I refuse to bend front and back for ANYONE else. This is who I am, this is what I want so deal with it or GO! 

 Left Brain

37%

Right Brain 63%


"You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist."


If you are reading this blog, you probably know I've always been a dreamer,(my lower back is a proof.) 

I wonder;

"Do dreams ever come true or are they just meant for sleeping?"

3 comments:

CHRISTINA D said...

how do you find out which part of your brain is more developed than the other side?

jav said...

A dream, like anything else, is just a blueprint. Your mind, your imagination, your subconscious, some part of you is giving you the pieces, but it falls to you to put it all together.

After all, those who merely dream are doomed; life will slip right by them in their dreams. Those without the courage to dream, however, can never truly become great.

There is a balance between rationalism and creativity or emotion, just as there is a balance with anything else. For your dreams to mean anything, you have to find it.

Uh, sorry, I don't know where that came from.

Camelia in the city said...

chrissy: well my therapist told me. but basically left is artistic, creative, emotional & right is more logical, rational

jav: i dont know where it came from either but thank you. Im glad you commented, it helped :)