Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One day away...

Tomorrow I will get to the hospital at 6:30 am. I don't know exactly what I will have to do before I get in the operation room, but surgery should start by 9 am. My surgeon will implant the Post cruciate Ligament (PCL) of a deceased person into my left knee for mine is torn and prevents me from: running, dancing, jumping and EVER SURFING (which has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember).
The operation lasts about an hour and a half, therefore I will be going under general anesthesia 

state of total unconsciousness resulting from general anaesthetic drugs. A variety of drugs are given to the patient that have different effects with the overall aim of ensuring unconsciousness, amnesia and analgesia.

After the operation I will probably stay in the recovery room for a few hours as the drugs wear off and I slowly regain consciousness. I will be given morphine for the pain and let's just say, I'm a little TOO excited to be on it since I still remember the last time they gave me some. BEST minutes OF MY LIFE (no wonder some Doctors get addicted to it)

Tonight, after midnight, I am not allowed to eat or drink ANY water. That is going to be SOOO HARD (that's what she said!)
I always wake up in the middle of the night completely parched. It's to prevent patients from feeling nauseous and vomiting. 
I might still have a couple sips of water, I don't give a shit if they have to deal with me barfing. Happened last time, I survived!

I hereby dedicate this song to lil old ME 


No comments: