Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rocky Balboa

Tomorrow in the early afternoon, a nurse will come to my house to take the staples out of my leg. When the receptionist at the CLSC called to make the appointment, I was told she would try to convince me to go to the CLSC instead of having a nurse come "all the way" to my house. She in fact did by saying: well, it will be 10 days on monday since your surgery which means you probably can travel pretty well on crutches. Why don't you come to the CLSC?
 I am still proud of my response:" Miss, the only place I travel to with my crutches is from my bed, to the bathroom." ;) Yes, I do think I'm cool, but that's only because... I am.
 
For the past 10 days, I have been lying in bed trying to sleep but barely doing so for my pain killers are not GUILTY! Oh nooooooo, they ain't killing no pain. What's the big deal with people and oxycodon?? It's 10 steps down from having morphine injected in your arms. Aw, sweet apothecary, I miss the way it feels when you fill up my veins with your sweet morphine nectar of love that gets rid of all the pain and hurt in the world. You took me by the hand, injected my serum into the I.V and suddenly I was floating on clouds as peaceful & enlightened as Buddha. Oxycodon only feels like my head is underwater (which is pretty cool), but then I can't handle at any bright lights. I hate the fact that I can't just refill my pills. Im almost out but usually Doctors are not allowed to prescribe Oxycodon twice since too many people get addicted or sell it to addicts. There is no way in HELL I'll get addicted to that shit, AND I want something WAY stronger  that will actually help decrease the:burning, pulling, stitch ripping and bone stabbing the inside of my ankle sensations. hahaha 
FUCK BUREAUCRACY!!!
Tomorrow is the last Injection of Lovenox (anti-coagulant) in the stomach day. Wonder what song I'll listen to this time. So far, it's been: Eye of the tiger, Final countdown and the Rocky Balboa jogging and practicing for his fights song. Yes, when its time for me to shove the syringe  in my stomach, my trick not to puss out is to put on songs that are suppose to inspire people such as Rocky to push their own limits and reach their goals. In my case, I despise needles and having to inject myself never even CROSSED my mind. It's actually the #1 reason why I never considered trying Heroin. #2 is becoming a crazy addict and ruining my life.
Since I knew there was no way out of this one, I just had to be Rocky.



My little cocktail. I have to take it every 4 hours

Unused Syringe

Used syringe

Some of the bruises I got from the injections

No comments: